Portfolio Management and Technology
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER –
HEAD OF PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT IMPLEMENTATION
- Responsible for oversight of operational matters as well as portfolio management implementation.
- Formerly head of Quantitative Strategies Portfolio Management for Deutsche Asset Management Quantitative Strategies Group and senior fixed income portfolio manager from 1995 to 2010.
- Prior to joining Deutsche Asset Management, he spent 13 years at J.P. Morgan and Co. trading fixed income, derivatives and foreign exchange products.
- Education: BS from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Stephen A. Lanzendorf, CFA
HEAD OF ACTIVE EQUITY PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
- Responsible for equity portfolio management strategy.
- Formerly Deputy Chief Investment Officer and head of the Developed Markets investment team at Batterymarch Financial Management from 2012 to 2014. At Batterymarch, he also served as co-head of the Developed Markets team from 2010 to 2012 and head of the US investment team from 2006 to 2010.
- Prior to joining Batterymarch, he spent six years as the Director of Quantitative Strategies at Independence Investments, where he also managed the equity trading desk. He was also a Portfolio Manager and Quantitative Analyst at The Colonial Group for 10 years.
- Education: BS and MS in Nuclear Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Russell Shtern, CFA
HEAD OF Equity Portfolio Management Implementation
- Responsible for equity portfolio management implementation.
- Formerly portfolio manager for Diversification Based Investing Equity and Tax Managed Equity for Deutsche Asset Management’s Quantitative Strategies Group, from 2003 to 2010.
- Prior to this he spent three years at Deutsche Bank Securities supporting equity derivatives and global program trading desks.
- Education: BBA from Pace University.
Tom Picciochi, CAIA
HEAD OF Multi-Asset Portfolio management implementation
- Responsible for GTAA and Multi-Asset portfolio management implementation.
- Formerly Senior portfolio manager for Deutsche Asset Management Quantitative Strategies group, and member of the iGAP Global Oversight Committee and portfolio manager for Absolute Return Strategies from 1999 to 2010.
- Prior to joining Deutsche Asset Management, he held various research and analysis positions at State Street Global Advisors, FPL Energy, Barnett Bank, Trade Finance Corporation and Reserve Financial Management over a 13 year period.
- Education: BA from University of Miami; MBA from University of Miami.
Chief Technology Officer
- Responsible for all technology, infrastructure and portfolio management/trading systems.
- Formerly head of portfolio management systems for Deutsche Asset Management Quantitative Strategies group and a member of the iGAP Oversight Committee from 2002 to 2010.
- Prior to joining Deutsche Asset Management, he was a senior research analyst at Advanced Investment Technology and State Street Global Advisors, and senior software engineer at Salomon Brothers over a 10 year period.
- Education: MS from University of Tennessee, Knoxville.