Chief Investment Officer
- Responsible for all alpha research.
- Formerly head of Active Quantitative Equity research at Deutsche Asset Management from 2008 to 2010.
- Prior to joining Deutsche Asset Management, she spent two years as Executive Director of the Thomas J. Watson Fellowship Program. Prior to Watson, she spent 14 years with Bailard Inc, where she managed Bailard’s international equity mutual fund, landing it in the top overall rankings for Morningstar, Standard & Poor’s and Lipper. She began her career in asset management at First Quadrant.
- Education: BS from California Institute of Technology, and BA from Pomona College as part of a joint 3-2 program.
Adam Petryk, CFA
HEAD OF MULTI-ASSET AND SOLUTIONS
- Responsible for product development and integration across strategies and asset classes.
- Formerly Chief Investment Officer at Batterymarch Financial Management from 2012 to 2014. At Batterymarch, he also served as Deputy Chief Investment Officer and co-head of the Developed Markets investment team from 2010 to 2012, Senior Director and Global Investment Strategist on the Developed Markets team from 2008 to 2010 and Global Investment Strategist during 2007. From 2007 to 2009, he was also the Chief Investment Officer of Legg Mason Canada Inc., an affiliate of Batterymarch.
- Prior to joining Batterymarch, he spent eight years at Legg Mason Canada Inc. as Chief Investment officer, head of the Quantitative Management team and Quantitative Strategist. He also performed quantitative equity analysis at Scotia Capital Markets.
- Education: BS in Computer Engineering from University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada; MS in Electrical Engineering from University of Waterloo.
Colm O’Cinneide, PhD
- Responsible for portfolio construction and DBI alpha research.
- Formerly head of portfolio engineering for Deutsche Asset Managements’ Quantitative Strategies Group and member of iGAP Global Oversight Committee from 2000 to 2010.
- Prior to joining Deutsche Asset Management, he spent 18 years in faculty positions in statistics and operations research at the University of Arkansas and Purdue University.
- He has published 40 refereed academic publications, and more recently served as adjunct professor, Columbia University, 2005 – 2008, and president of the Society of Quantitative Analysts, 2009 – 2010.
- Education: BS from National University of Ireland; MS from National University of Ireland; PhD from University of Kentucky.
- Member of research team.
- Formerly a research analyst from 2009 – 2010 at Deutsche Asset Management.
- Prior to joining Deutsche Asset Management in 2009, she had 11 years industry experience, most recently at Goldman Sachs where she developed quantitative trading strategies. Prior to Goldman Sachs she worked in various research positions at AIG Global Investment Group, Cornerstone Research and Citigroup Asset Management.
- Education: MSc in Mathematics from Moscow State University, MA in Economics from New Economic School, MBA in Finance from the University of Chicago.